Average speed is 455ms & 99.9% uptime
Offered with all plan purchases
24/7 Excellent customer support
About iPage Hosting Company
Table of Contents
- About iPage Hosting Company
- iPage Hosting Review 2019
- What is iPage? And what do they provide?
- Detailed Features of iPage
- Pros and Cons of iPage
- iPage Plans and Pricing
- Linux Hosting Accounts
- Windows Hosting Accounts
- VPS Hosting Plans
- Dedicated Hosting Plans
- Reseller Hosting Program
- WordPress Hosting
- Coupon and Discount Codes
- Our Verdict
iPage was founded in 1998 by Thomas Gorny and is headquartered in Burlington, MA. Initially, the company was focused on being a full web service provider. However, in 2009, the company was relaunched. During this relaunch, the company became a web hosting provider.
iPage is currently owned by Endurance International Group, which also owns other hosting companies, such as HostGator. iPage offers cheap plans, which many small sites find very useful.
iPage is part of the United States Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partner Program. They run entirely on wind power.
iPage has a goal of ensuring the best possible experience to their customers. Their customer service department claims that they are there with you every single step of the way.
iPage Hosting Review 2019
In this post, we will discuss everything about iPage. We will delve into the top features of this hosting company that make them so great. We will also address any pros and cons of iPage.
At the end of this writing, we will offer our verdict. Please feel free to share your thoughts or experiences with us.
What is iPage? And what do they provide?
iPage is a hosting company that has two data centers. Each data center is closely monitored around the clock, with regular back up. They have over 1 million websites on their platform.
iPage provides excellent small website hosting, and are a one-stop shop when it comes to this. They provide free access to WEEBLY, making building a website straightforward to do. If one is looking for hosting on a larger scale, they offer VPS and dedicated server options.
Keep reading on to find out if iPage is right for you!
Detailed Features of iPage
There are many features to iPage hosting which will entice any user.
Feature # 1: iPage is a Green Company. Those who are interested in saving the earth will love this fact, as their electricity is powered by wind. This means no carbon imprint on the planet.
Feature #2: iPage offers excellent customer support. Their support staff is well trained to assist any customer in need. They do not have a long wait time when calling in on the phone, which is a huge time saver to many. They also offer live chat.
Feature #3: iPage has tight security in place. Their staff is continually keeping iPage secured, so if there happens to be a security breach, it is quickly noticed. They offer SiteLock with their purchase at no additional cost to the customer.
Feature #4: All plans include $500 worth of extras. Any plan purchased will come with a $100 Adwords offer, $100 ads credits from Bing, free WordPress building tools, and SiteLock, their security option.
Pros and Cons of iPage Hosting
iPage has some pros and cons that can help determine if their one size fits all package is suitable for you. Let’s start with the pros of iPage Hosting:
- iPage is very inexpensive to start up. You can start up for only $1.99 a month. This is one of the cheapest hosting plans available right now.
- The security options for iPage are great. Each hosting plan bought comes with SiteLock security suite, which will scan for malware issues.
- iPage offers a 30 day, money back guarantees. This is a huge plus if you are on the fence about if this hosting plan is right for your needs. They claim they do not ask any questions if you are not satisfied with their service.
- They have a high uptime of 99.98%. Several months in the past year they have hit 100% uptime.
Now to the cons of iPage Hosting:
- Load time of iPage is pretty slow in our books! Load time is at 820ms. While this is not off the charts, considering that load time leads to more customers, you could be losing out on some money.
- Renewal costs will get you. iPage has an increase in prices of well over 350% when it comes time to renew your plan.
- iPage does not have a c panel. Instead, they use vDeck. Many prefer to use hosts that use C panel as they are more user-friendly then vDeck.
iPage Plans and Pricing
iPage is best known for only having one plan, which is called the Essential plan. This makes it very easy for those looking for hosting because there is no need to worry about what plan is for you. iPage claims this is the one size fits all plan that meets your requirements at a great value. The only real decision you need to make is the duration, which will cause the price to fluctuate.
- One year(12 months) plan- $2.99 per month
- Two years (24 months)plan- $2.49 per month
- Three years (36 months) plan- $1.99 per month
No matter which duration you choose, the plan will come with the following:
- unlimited disk space
- unlimited MySQL databases
- unlimited domain names allowed
- scalable bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate
- a free domain for one year
Linux Hosting Accounts
iPage uses Debian Lenny 5.0 on a UNIX platform for their shared servers, while most other hosting use LAMP. They still use CentOS 6.4 for their VPS and Dedicated hosting for Linux.
Specifics of a Linux hosting account include:
- MySQL databases with phpMyAdmin
- PERL, SSI and website backup scripts supported
- UPS Power Backup
- POP3/IMAP Email Accounts
Windows Hosting Accounts
Those with windows operating systems can use iPage hosting. You will just need to be sure that your version is updated to avoid any issues. Requirements that will need to be met include:
- screen resolution of 800X600
- Windows 2000 OS or later
- an updated version of your web browser
VPS Hosting Plans
iPage also offers VPS hosting plans. These plans are as follows:
- Basic Plan- 1 core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 40GB disk space, 1TB bandwidth
- Business Plan- 2 core CPU, 4GB RAM, 90 GB disk space, 3TB bandwidth
- Optimum- 4 core CPU, 8GB RAM, 120 GB disk space, 4TB bandwidth
Dedicated Hosting Plans
Dedicated hosting is available if you are not interested in sharing a server with anyone else. This means you will have complete control over the hosting plan. There are three different dedicated hosting plans that are offered through iPage.
- Startup- 2 Core CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB disk space, 5 TB bandwidth, 3 IP addresses, free one-year domain registration, CentOS, 6.4, cPanel
- Professional- 4 Core CPU, 8 GB RAM, 1000 GB disk space, 10 TB bandwidth, 4 IP addresses, free one-year domain registration, CentOS 6.4, cPanel
- Enterprise- 4 Core CPU, 16GB RAM, 1000 GB disk space, 15TB bandwidth, 5 IP addresses, free one-year domain registration, CentOS 6.4, cPanel
- Dedicated hosting plans offer optimal security, great uptime and speed, and total scalability.
Reseller Hosting Program
iPage does have a reseller program in place. They believe that resellers are key to their success as a company. They have an experienced reseller management team in place.
Under the reseller program, you will be responsible for providing customer support to your clients. You will also be responsible for billing these customers.
Through the reseller program, you will have the chance to make as much as desired. iPage will not restrict how much you can make.
Your client’s sites will be hosted on an unbranded reseller interface called yourwebhosting.com. On this interface, you will be able to use your own fonts and logos, as well as any colors.
The reseller program features:
- Generous discounts on competitive hosting plans
- No setup fees on client accounts
- 24 x 7 technical support
- Powerful reseller console
- A customizable client control panel
- User-friendly site creation tool
- Branded web-based e-mail
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Easy to set up new accounts — no complex configuration required
- Private name server available
iPage offers WordPress hosting under two plans. Each plan has the best possible features to optimize your experience. A custom firewall is added to each plan under SiteLock, and the load speed is 2.5 times faster than others. The customer support is top notch, with reliable and helpful staff that are knowledgeable about WordPress.
Plans offered by iPage WordPress Hosting include:
- free one-year domain registration
- unlimited storage
- unlimited bandwidth
- customized control panel
- pre-installed themes and plug-ins
- includes everything in the WP Starter
- WordPress expert support
- automatic malware removal
- SiteLock Professional security
Coupon and Discount Codes
Currently, there are a few coupons and discount codes that you can use to make iPage even more affordable. These include:
- Save 10% on your order using code: SAVE10
- Get 83% off Monthly registration + Free Domain name using code: LOWESTPRICE
Our verdict on iPage is that it is a great value initially. If you are just starting your website, iPage is a great investment as the cost is very minimal in the beginning. Their website builder is amazing, with everything you need to make the website your own.
One of the best perks of a hosting company is their customer service. We have found that iPage has this top-notch service that is fast and friendly.
We would love to hear your thoughts and read your comments on iPage hosting. Please tell us your experiences you have had with them and their company below.