Table of Content
- 1 About HostGator
- 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- 3 HOW DOES IT WORK?
- 4 WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT HOSTGATOR?
- 5 WHAT’S BAD ABOUT HOSTGATOR?
- 6 HostGator Codes
- 7 Other Information
HostGator is a global web hosting service provider with its headquarters in Austin and Houston, Texas with other numerous international offices – for instance in Toronto Canada and Florianopolis in Brazil. It was founded in by Brent Oxley and registered as a domain on 22nd October 2002.
Following its operational mode, HostGator has won numerous awards. For instance, in 2016, it won the Best Web Hosting of 2016, Best Dedicated Web Hosting of 2016, Best Shared Web Hosting of 2016 and 2016 Best Business Hosting. HostGator offers various hosting services such as web hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting and Dedicated Server hosting.
Also, it offers domain services such as domain registration and domain transfer. Along with domain registration, HostGator offers three main services- domain locking, domain renewal and domain management.
Besides, HostGator offers an affiliate referral program where any of their users can earn money only through signing up. The signing up is free and is in four categories with each having a different number of signups per month and earning per sign up.
The affiliate program works through custom tracking links and coupon codes. After each successful affiliate program signup, a user gets $125 as a commission making HostGator one of the easy ways of earning through their affiliate program.
HostGator has various helpful resources to its customers through its support. The support offers a 24/7 live technical support. One can contact the support through a live chat, phone/fax or email.
Finally, HostGator accepts various modes of payment such as credit cards, checks, bank wire transfer, money orders and PayPal. However, they never accept cash payments.
HostGator works uniquely, hence using it has certain unique advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, to understand HostGator operational mode, and the advantages and disadvantages of using it, let’s dig deeper.
- 45-day money back guarantee.
- Fantastic software options such as the cPanel and Plesk.
- Excellent service and uptime of 99.98%.
- A killer total value pricing.
- Affordable service plans.
- Very slow speed and Time to First Byte of 0.83 s.
- Almost charge for every of their service such as domain registration and restoring backups.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
HostGator works through its feature-packed plans. These plans offer a wide variety of aspects such as free templates, wide selection templates, and themes, free site transfer, 99.9% uptime guarantee, automatic courtesy backups not to forget free marketing offers.
Also, HostGator operates in server options that are either managed or semi-managed. Besides, HostGator will also operate through some advanced packages which will enable users to choose their OS, HDD, and SDD storage.
WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT HOSTGATOR?
Even with the presence of multiple web hosting service providers, there are still more reasons why you need to choose and entrust HostGator as your web hosting service provider. Such is due to its various advantages to any of its users, which includes;
#1 – A KILLER TOTAL VALUE PRICING
HostGator has a killer pricing feature. For instance, HostGator has
- A total value pricing of $2.75 per month which is 60.50% off discount. This is the price per month per certain aspects such as per website, database or storage.
- Affordable service plans such as
- Hatchling plan-the perfect plan for starters.
- Baby plan- Ideal plan for growing sites who need increased traffic.
- Business plan- especially for e-commerce sites and those that have increased traffic
#2 – GOOD SERVICE AND UPTIME
HostGator is not only up and running where it maintains a 99.9% uptime. Other than this, it is also consistency and stable in its performance.
For instance, in January, February, March, April and May, HostGator had an average uptime of 99.98%, 100%, 99.95%, 99.96% and 100% respectively. As of 20th August, HostGator recorded an average uptime of 100%.
#3 – A 45-DAY MONEY- BACK GUARANTEE
While most web hosting service providers offer a 30-day money back guarantee, HostGator offers a better period by providing an additional of two weeks- 45-day money back guarantees. However, the package comes with certain restrictions and here are some of the things you need to know about it;
- Orders that amounts to $0.01 are subject to no refund.
- Orders paid through methods such are money order, check and bank wire transfer are not eligible for any refunds. Therefore, to be eligible for a refund at HostGator, you have to pay for your orders through methods such as cash, PayPal, credit card or debit card.
- Refund is only valid for resellers, VPS or shared hosting and rather not domain name purchases, dedicated servers and installation fees especially for custom software.
#4 – AMAZING SOFTWARE OPTIONS- CPANEL AND PLESK
HostGator offers all of its user’s two primary contender’s web hosting control panel, which includes;
- Plesk – A panel that has a graphical user interface that is very clean. Still, the panel is easy to use for any user.
The panel groups items, and later expands when clicked offering users an opportunity to see and access all grouped items to further options.
- cPanel- Although it doesn’t group features and tools, it allows customization of the home screen is making it easier for one to find any of the items.
With these panels, users can, therefore, navigate over the tons of options in HostGator at ease without requiring any help from the support.
WHAT’S BAD ABOUT HOSTGATOR?
Just like any other web hosting service provider, HostGator is not perfect- it has certain shortcomings. Here are some of the few flaws of HostGator.
#1 – SLOW WEBSITE SPEED
HostGator has very slow Time to First Byte- the speed at which a server is specifically able to start responding to a request. A solid example is a recent study where HostGator recorded a much longer response time of 0.83 seconds when compared to its other competitors such as;
- SiteGround – 0.17s
- A2 Hosting- 0.14s
- Web Hosting Hub- 0.23s
- Inmotion- 0.23s
- Bluehost- 0.24s
#2 – ALMOST CHARGE FOR EVERY OF THEIR SERVICE
Well, this is one of the things you might not love HostGator for- they charge for almost every of their service. For instance, they will charge any of their user for services such as
- Restoring from backups.
- Registering domains- HostGator does not allow free domain registration for any user.
HostGator, as the main site does not have coupon and promo codes. Therefore, whenever you visit their site, you will not come across the codes- unless HostGator makes future changes.
|Established:||22nd October 2002|
|Key Features:||45-Day Money-Back Guarantee, 99.9% Uptime guarantee|
|Services:||Cloud Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Application Hosting, Windows Hosting, Domain Registration and Domain Transfer|
|Toll Free:||(866) 964 - 2867|
|Live Chat:||24/7/365 Support|
Well, HostGator has a slow speed, but its multiples advantages outdo such shortcoming. For instance, it has various packaged plans, a 45-day money-back guarantee, amazing total value pricing and primary contenders cPanels.
As such, I would vouch for HostGator as one of the right choices you should never forget when looking for a web hosting service provider. Its affordable service plans make it suited for any kind of business- from starters, growing to novice and e-commerce businesses.
Plans & Pricing
Uptime & Speed