1and1 Hosting has got a large consumer base and its one the most popular web hosting provider in Europe. The company has reached an enormous potential as it’s in the web hosting services since 1988. 1and1 Web Hosting has got an opportunity area to improve their Customer Support.
1and1 Web Hosting Review
Table of Content
The Good: 1and1 Hosting is one of the largest web hosting companies. The company has hosted far more websites than any other company in UK and Germany as well as it’s the 7th largest web hosting company in the US.
The Bad: There are few issues with the auto-renewal of the packages and users have complained about the unpleasant experience. 1and1 Web Hosting doesn’t even claim any uptime guarantee which is a setback for the company.
Key Features of 1and1 Web Hosting:
- 70,000 servers and an Interesting Mobile app which helps customers to know about the status of their servers all the time.
- Data is stored at two locations at the same time. If the server at one location fails, other takes over.
- Most of the 1and1 packages include at least one free domain for the life of the package you choose.
- Different Hosting Packages available according to the geographical location.
- Hosting 11 million websites.
World’s Most Innovative Hosting Service Provider:
1and1 Web Hosting was started in 1988, and now it’s owned by United Internet which is a Germany based Internet Company. The company has got several plans in each location wherever it’s present. For example, it has got different plans for US citizens and different plans for UK citizens. 1and1 is the home of 10.5 million customers and 11 million domain names which is a remarkable achievement for any web hosting service provider.
Tailored Plans for each customer:
1and1.com Hosting has got what you need
- 1and1 Starter Plan – Starting from $0.99/month. Ideal for blogs and personal websites.
(One Free Domain, 2.5 GB Ram, Unlimited Bandwidth, 100 GB Web Space, Set up 250 Email Addresses of 2GB each, Create up to 25 Databases of 1GB each, 1 Application, SSL Certificate)
- 1and1 Unlimited Plan – Starting from $4.99/month. Ideal for small businesses.
(1 Domain, 6 GB Ram, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Web Space, Unlimited Email Addresses, Unlimited Databases of 1 GB each, Unlimited Applications, SSL Certificate)
- 1and1 Business Plan – Starting from $8.99/month. Ideal for developers and large businesses.
(1 Domain, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited Web Space, Set up Unlimited Email Addresses of 2GB each, Create Unlimited Database of 1 GB each, Adobe Dreamweaver, Unlimited Applications, SSL Certificate, SiteLock, CDN)
Register a domain name in just $0.99
Domain Registration on 1and1.com starts from $0.99. The domains .co and .info are available for $0.99 for the first year. Along with every domain registration Private Domain Registration is free and you can create up to 5 subdomains.
Virtual, Cloud and Dedicated Servers
1and1.com provides excellent packages for the servers according to different needs:
- 1and1 Virtual Servers – Can handle the traffic of 1,000 – 2,500GB/month. It’s based on IPv4. It costs $29.99/month.
- 1and1 Dynamic Cloud Servers – Can handle the traffic of 2,000 GB/month. It is IPv4 ready and costs 0.06/hour or $19.99/month.
- 1and1 Dedicated Servers – Can handle Unlimited Traffic. It is IPv4 available and costs $59.99/month.
You can even choose your configuration according to your needs.
Technical Support is the area 1and1 Hosting needs to work upon
1and1 Hosting claims that their technical experts are trained and are available 24/7 for any technical help. But, several of the customers complain about the technical support being the pain area for 1and1. However, 1and1 has brought GoToAssist along with Citrix wherein you can share whatever error you see with the 1and1 technical expert. This would certainly add an extra advantage to Technical Support.